CTIC Dakar is the 1st incubator and accelerator launched in Francophone West Africa for ICT and mobile technology entrepreneurs.
This non-profit organization was created in April 2011 under the impetus of the Senegalese private sector (OPTIC, Organization of ICT Professionals), anxious to energize the ICT sector and promote the growth of the most innovative companies.
Placed under the aegis of the Fondation des Incubateurs TIC du Sénégal (FICTIS), the project quickly aroused the interest of the World Bank’s InfoDev program and many other public and private, local and international partners such as:
- Accelerated Growth Strategy (SCA)
- Ministry of ICT and Digital Economy
- The Telecom and Postal Regulatory Authority (ARTP)
- The State Informatics Agency (ADIE)
- Orange-Sonatel Group,
- The Centre for the Development of Enterprise in Brussels (CDE)
- The German Technical Cooperation (GIZ) through the PACC SME/PMF program